The modern Korean entertainment industry sets trends all over the world. The popularity of K-pop music and cosmetics products has had a big impact on global fashion trends. Young people, inspired by the images of pop idols, actors and bloggers, try to adopt their unique sense of style. In this article, we picked up 20 such things from Aliexpress.
What makes Korean fashion different?
There is still no exact definition of this concept, however, such features as convenience, elegance and relaxation can be distinguished. Fashion, as a specific taste in clothing, appeared in Korea relatively recently, as the population of this country for a long time preferred traditional attire to European.
Usually fashion from South Korea is also called "k-fashion". The images worn by girls are characterized by:
- Emphasis on femininity and fragility. Korean women love miniskirts and shorts that accentuate the waist. However, we must remember that excessive neckline is considered unacceptable.
- Children's style. Cute decorations, frills and cartoon characters are also a trend among young people.
- First of all, comfort is valued. Hoodies, trench coats, oversized t-shirts and sweaters are an integral part of almost every wardrobe.
As for men's fashion, here it can be noted:
- Sport style. Young people also prefer hoodies, T-shirts, cargo pants and other comfortable clothing;
- Eclecticism, that is, a mixture of different directions. Sportswear is combined with business, for example, a formal suit is complemented by sneakers.
- Layering. A cloak or coat is put on top of the jacket, complementing the image with a voluminous scarf.
The main modern k-fashion trends
Off Shoulder Sweatshirts
A wardrobe item that is wildly popular among Korean influencers and bloggers is an off-the-shoulder jacket. This jacket is worn with jeans, leather pants and skirts.
Tops with voluminous sleeves are another trend that came to us from South Korea. With the help of such sleeves, anything immediately seems to be something special, whether it is an ordinary turtleneck or a T-shirt. What can you wear this piece of clothing with? High-waisted trousers in soothing colors, midi skirts or classic jeans are best suited. The main thing is not to overload the image with accessories and jewelry, since the emphasis here is primarily on puffy sleeves.
In dramas, you can often see heroines who wear things characteristic of schoolgirls. In general, Asian school uniforms, primarily Japanese ones, have long gained popularity in Europe and America. A pleated plaid short skirt, knee socks, a loose jacket, a white shirt and a bow tie are indispensable attributes of this style. Convenience, ease, as well as ease of execution are its main advantages.
Dress over T-shirt
Many Korean stars like to wear a dress or sundress over a basic T-shirt. Such an image may seem experimental at first, but with the right combination, a bad result can be avoided.
It is best to choose a plain black or white T-shirt, match it with a long dress and shoes, for example, sneakers or sandals are well suited.
What else can you buy if you want to dress like a K-pop idol?
Long socks with an interesting pattern
Solid color long sleeve
Boots with rough soles
Modern fashion allows you to combine different styles and trends, from school uniforms to sportswear. And Korean fashion is a good example of this combination.